- A 4 year paint coating that offers a 9h hardness level for outstanding abrasion and scratch resistance.
- Leaves coated surfaces with a high-gloss and dramatic water repelling properties which minimizes water spotting.
- Super hydrophobic nano "lotus-leaf effect" ensures your paint stays cleaner longer.
- Chemical resistance from pH2 to pH12.
Zirconite ZQ9h Quartz Coating is a 4 year paint coating that increases gloss, protects your paint, improves scratch and abrasion resistance and offers dramatic water repelling properties which minimizes water spotting. The super hydrophobic nano "lotus-leaf effect" ensures your paint stays cleaner longer, repelling dirt and soiling even in the harshest climates. ZQ9h offers advanced chemical and corrosion resistance that is unaffected by repeated washing cycles from pH2 to pH12.
ZQ9h offers a 9h level of hardness. This allows it to offer outstanding levels of scratch and abrasion resistance. Typically 9h coatings are finicky to apply, but not ZQ9h. It's 3-5 minute flash time allows for easy removal. It forms a permanent bond to your paint that can only be removed by abrasion.
You can apply ZQ9h to matte and satin paint finishes. ZQ9h will not affect the gloss level of matte or satin finishes, but will slightly darken the color.
How to prep the paint for ZQ9h Application:
How to apply Zirconite ZQ9h Quartz Coating:
- Thoroughly wash and dry the vehicle.
- Decontaminate the paint with a combination of chemical (iron removers) and mechanical (clay bar/clay towel) products.
- Polish your paint to the desired level. Zirconite recommends the use of SurfACE compounds and polishes, but it is not required.
- Perform a cleansing wipe down with Zirconite Panel-Prep to remove any remaining residues from your polishing process. Even if you do not polish, this step is required!
- Now you are ready to apply Zirconite ZQ9h.
- Vehicle must be indoors, out of direct sunlight and in a dust free environment.
- Wrap the suede cloth around the applicator block and discharge a full pipette of ZQ9h along the face of the cloth.
- Apply the product to a maximum 2' x 2' section of the paint using the bock and cloth in a cross-hatch pattern.
- After thorough application, allow the product to flash off for up to 3-5 minutes. The time will be dependent on your environment.
Using a lint-free microfiber towel, buff away ZQ9h working from the outside of the application area inwards.
Flip to an unused side of your microfiber towel and continue to buff as necessary.
- Ideally, your ambient temperature will be between 59ºF and 77ºF. Your flash time will vary depending on the temperature. We do not recommend applying ZQ9h in temperatures below 59ºF. The cooler your temperature the longer your flash time will be. As it gets warmer your flash time will shorten.
Repeat this process around the entire vehicle. Discharge a full pipette of ZQ9h for each section and follow application steps 3-6. You can apply ZQ9h to a second section while waiting for the first section to flash. Do not work more the one section ahead if you use this method.
If desired, you can apply a second layer of ZQ9h 3 hours after the initial application. You could also apply ZC-Boosta 2 hours after the final application of ZQ9h. ZC-Boosta will increase the depth of gloss and will increase your hydrophobic qualities.
Post application instructions:
- Coated surfaces must be kept dry for 3 hours after application.
- Vehicle must not be driven for at least 12 hours after application to ensure the initial curing phase is complete.
- You can accelerate the curing time with an Infra-Red light for 5 minutes at 65 degrees. Do this twice per section.
- Do not wash vehicle for 7 days after coating application.
- Use Zirconite Bead Magik after the initial 12 hour curing phase is complete. This will allow ZQ9h to continue curing and prevent water spots from forming in the coating prior to it fully curing.
- 1 x ZQ9h Quartz Coating, 30 ml bottle.
- 1 x pipette
- 1 x applicator block
- 2 x micro-suede applicator cloths
- 1 x pair of gloves
- 1 x instruction leaflet
- 1 x Zirconite sticker
Made in Britain