- Capable of removing 1500 grit sanding marks yet leaves a finish that only requires light polishing.
- Water-based formula contains no solvents, silicones or petroleum...body shop safe.
- No dust is created during the compounding process, polishing pads stay cleaner, longer.
SONAX CutMax is an easy to use compound that provides plenty of cutting power for even some of the most stubborn defects. Pairing CutMax with the appropriate pad and technique, you are able to leave an impressive finish in the paint that only requires light polishing to properly finish down the surface. The dust-free formula of CutMax is water-based so it contains no solvents, silicones, or petroleum and provides a long working window that is safe for body shops and collision centers.
How to use SONAX CutMax:
Recommended Pads to use with CutMax:
With a Dual Action Polisher - Apply 3-4 dimes sized drops onto your pad, place the machine on the surface and at a low speed (2-3) quickly spread CutMax around your working area. Turn the dial up (4-5) and work CutMax in with two passes of each up and down and left to right (45-60 secs) applying moderate pressure (10-15 lbs). Wipe away with a clean, dry microfiber towel.
With a Rotary Polisher - Apply 3-4 dime sized drops onto your pad, place the machine onto the surface and at a low speed (800 RPM) quickly spread CutMax around your working area (2 ft. x 2 ft.). Turn the speed up (1200-1400 RPM) and work CutMax in with two passes of each up and down and left to right (45-60 secs) applying moderate pressure (10-15 lbs.). Wipe away with a clean, dry microfiber towel.
Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Disc - This combo will allow for maximum defect removal, but will require a follow up step to properly finish the paint. Available sizes: 3 inch, 5 inch and 6 inch available in both 2-packs and bulk 12-packs.
Buff and Shine Green Polishing Pad - This combo will allow one-step correction on lighter colored vehicles done for wholesale work. Available sizes: 4 inch, 5.5 inch and 6.25 inch.
Autoality Pro Tips for SONAX CutMax:
- Always strive for the best finish possible even when using an aggressive compound like CutMax. Don't have the mentality "I'll get that out when polishing on my next step". The better you leave your finish after completing the compounding stage, the better the overall finish will be.
- The "only" defects you should be removing after compounding is any haze that is left from that step. Your swirls or scratches should be removed prior to moving onto your polishing step.
- Use multiple pads and keep them clean! Use compressed air or a foam pad cleaning brush every few sections, or changing to a fresh pad will allow you to get the most cut out of CutMax.
- Using too much product or a "clogged" pad will result in poor performance and possibly dust.
- Always remember to check your work after each panel to make sure your finish is consistent throughout the entire vehicle.
Size: 250 ml