- Fits most 3.5, 4, 5 and 6 gallon buckets.
- The most effective way to extract harmful dirt and grit from your wash mitt!
- Radial surface design extracts dirt from your mitt for a scratch-free car wash.
- Separates the grit from your mitt!
- Diameter: 10-3/8" (263mm)
- Height: 2-1/2" (63mm)
- Fits most 12" buckets.
You know the saying! An ounce of prevention...is worth a pound of prevention. Grit Guard Bucket Inserts are a detailer's best tool to prevent accidental scratches and swirls! They simply fit into the bottom of your buckets and separate the grit from your mitt! They are a real paint saver!
The best method for extracting harmful dirt and grit from your wash mitt is to agitate it while submerged in water. With its raised radial design, the Grit Guard Bucket Insert extracts particles such as dirt, grit and grime from your wash mitt, providing a clean, scratch-free wash mitt every time you go back to your wash bucket.
The Grit Guard Bucket Insert is not a gimmick, it's common sense. When your wash mitt is in the water, the fibers are fluffed up. When you rub your mitt against the Grit Guard in the water, the fluffed up fibers allow the Grit Guard to extract the dirt, grit and grime. Once dirt settles in the bottom of the bucket, the Grit Guard keeps it there by separating the water into four quadrants, so the water cannot be distributed.
How the Grit Guard Bucket Insert works:
- Insert a Grit Guard into the bottom of your rinse bucket and fill with water.
- Wash a section of your car with your favorite mitt and car wash soap.
- When your mitt is dirty, rub your wash mitt against the Grit Guard Insert in your rinse bucket.
- The raised radial surface design extracts trapped particles from your wash mitt.
- The dirt and grit settle to the bottom of the bucket, separated from the rest of your water.
Ideally, you will be using the two bucket wash method and will have a Grit Guard Insert in each bucket. You might be asking yourself, which bucket should I put it in if I only have one? If you only have 1 Grit Guard, put it in your rinse bucket. This is where most of your dirt will accumulate. You want to keep your wash bucket as clean as possible, so if you only have one Grit Guard Insert, put it in your rinse bucket.
Grit Guards have become a necessary wash tool! If you're taking the time to wash your car, you don't want to put scratches and swirls into your paint. Use proper wash techniques and utilize the tools that keep your paint looking its best!